Tuesday, August 17, 2004

INTERNET DOWNGRADED

It was a long time coming - not only changing of Internet to the more commonplace-appearing internet, but the completion of this entry for the Ruckus Room (I started it back in August). I know I capitalized the "I" and will likely continue to do so, until I ween myself of the habit, but accroding to Wired, the status of the word has changed from formal to everyday. I'll be honest, I found a certain satisfaction in correcting people: "It's a capital, actually." Looks like I'll have to find another lingual peccadillo by which to be affronted and then correct. Suggestions are welcome.

As for the rest of the changes to to the Wired copy standards, they don't mean that much to me. To be frank, I never afforded web the same respect. And regardless of where I work, "web site" will always be two words. Thank you.

No comments: